The Tides Of War Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
RobinLane
RobinLane
337 Followers

The Prince's face grew sombre, "My brother-in-law has been up to some mischief, informing the British Authorities that only a rabble guards the Pass, and it would seem that his lies have been taken seriously.

"A General Sir Reginald Fitzroy and his staff are due to visit me in two weeks' time to discuss the safety of the Pass."

The Prince smiled at the look on David's face at the mention of the name.

"I was wondering if we could not lay on a demonstration of the 'rabble' so the General could see for himself."

David's face became grim, "I could have 250 men parade for him, he could judge then himself if they are 'rabble.'"

"I see we are in accord David," the Prince replied, "It may help if all the captured Russian rifles were at hand to show the success of your defence of the Pass as well. I will have quarters prepared for your troops. They should be here a day before the parade."

David acknowledged the Prince's order.

"Now I mustn't detain you any longer, as I know a certain Doctor is most anxious to see you," the Prince said, with a broad smile on his face.

She was in the stables talking to Ashar Kahn when he appeared.

"David!" she cried throwing herself into his arms and kissing him.

"It seems the Colonel Sahib has made another conquest," Ashar said chuckling.

David blushed with embarrassment as he gently broke free from her embrace.

"Colonel Sahib it is too late to blush. Everyone in the Palace is aware of your feelings in this matter," he murmured, still chuckling.

David quickly explained the need for the mules and cart, and the wagons and building materials.

Ashar smiled, "I shall bring them out to the Fort at the end of the week. Perhaps Memsahib Susan would like to accompany me to give Tana some exercise?" he said, with a knowing smile.

Susan led him to her quarters and they stood on the terrace looking out over the city his arm around her waist.

"I've missed you," she whispered resting her head on his shoulder.

"I think of you every night before I sleep," he replied.

"Well you won't need to tonight, I've told the girls we shall eat in here this evening."

"I'll have to find where Peshawar is putting me so I can wash and change beforehand," David replied.

"No, you don't. Your saddlebags have been brought. You're sleeping here tonight," she whispered.

David looked at her, astonished, "Susan are you sure about this"

She smiled, "Oh yes David, I'm sure, but only if you want too."

For a reply he kissed her, holding the kiss for several seconds in an attempt to communicate his feelings.

"I'd better go and clean up, I'm dusty from the ride," he murmured.

She smiled and clapped her hands. At the sound, the doors flew open and two girls in sari's appeared. Susan addressed them, "Sula, Patta the Sahib needs a bath prepared."

"At once Memsahib," one of the girls replied as they closed the door.

David looked at her in amusement. She returned the look, explaining they were the maids that Princess Yasmin had assigned to her.

"So you know the Princess quite well then?" he asked.

She chuckled, "Oh yes, she's like a younger sister. We spend hours talking about England and fashions. She wants to go to University in England. She has piles of books that she has read. She's very much like her father in that respect."

David was pleased she had someone to relate too. He knew she was twenty-four so the age difference between Susan and the 19-year-old Princess was not great.

The door opened and Sula announced the bath was ready for the Sahib.

He found his saddlebags in the bathroom. After his bath, he shaved and changed, then slipped the bags over his shoulder, taking them back into Susan's room.

She smiled as he entered, bending to pour out a drink from a crystal decanter. She saw his forehead wrinkle in surprise.

"The Prince sent it," she explained, "He must know your habits" she chuckled, indicating the box of cheroots that lay on the table.

"Why don't you take your drink out to the terrace while I go and change. The view is breathtaking at this time of the evening."

'Not the only breathtaking view,' David thought as she left. After she had gone, he moved out to the terrace and sat in a large cane chair. As promised, the view was magnificent. He could see the snow clad mountains, their tips edged in gold from the setting sun. But beyond those mountains lay Afghanistan.

'I wonder what lies ahead for the Rifles,' he thought. His mind started going over what had to be done before the battle that he knew was coming. The fate of this peaceful land and its people depended upon him getting it right, he knew. He had implicit faith in the men he led, remembering the Ghurkha motto 'Rather death than cowardice.'

He was so wrapped up in his thoughts that he unaware of Susan's return until she murmured, "You're thinking of what will happen when the Pass opens."

He turned round and froze. She had changed into Indian attire. A sleeveless blouse covered her breasts, leaving her midriff bare. It was complemented by a sort of sarong whose wrappings hugged her hips, the end of the wrap was placed over her left shoulder. Both were a deep red.

Her face had been made up with eye shadow and lipstick that matched the colour of her clothes. Her hair had been brushed back straight to hang behind her back.

Her feet were bare, and she had bangles on her ankles and arms.

The sarong's material was so fine he could see the outline of her legs through it.

He licked his lips, his mouth suddenly dry.

"Do you like it David," she said, her voice suddenly concerned.

"Darling you look devastating," he whispered.

She smiled, relieved at his answer. "Yasmin picked it out for me and helped me dress. It's worn for a woman's lover or husband, apparently."

"There's a lot we can learn from India and its customs," he said taking her into his arms.

She broke away breathless, "The girls will be serving dinner soon," she murmured.

She refreshed his drink, which gave herself something to do as she attempted to deal with her arousal.

"Oh, the supplies I ordered are at sea and should arrive by next week. It includes your Magnesium," she said, gaining control over herself.

She could feel his eyes on her body. Torn between Victorian modesty and the need to enflame him, she had chosen the latter. But somehow, the clothes were having the same effect on her.

"Oh, that's nice," he said offhandedly, before reaching out for her.

She moved out of reach just as the doors opened and the girls came in carrying trays of food.

David couldn't remember what he ate, his eyes fixed on her throughout dinner. He could see the swell of her breasts through the thin material of the blouse and feel the discomfort of his arousal.

When the girls had finally cleared away and closed the door for the last time, they sat staring at each other, both afraid to move.

Finally Susan asked in a low voice, "Would you like to go to bed David?"

He couldn't trust his voice to speak but just nodded.

They moved to the bedroom both overcome with shyness.

David turned his back on her as he quickly undressed and slipped under the silk sheets.

She had her back to him as she finished undressing. He gazed at her ivory skin, the slimness of her waist and her firm bottom, the slenderness of her long legs, and the way her hair cascaded down over her back.

She slipped between the sheets and lay on her back, the sheet pulled up to her chin.

"David," she whispered, "you don't think I being too forward doing this, do you?"

He bent over her and kissed her gently, "No, darling, I don't. I just thank God that I have you in my life."

She lifted her arms, putting them around his neck, the sheet slipping to reveal her breasts as she kissed him.

Their tongues entwined as the kiss deepened and his hand cupped her breast.

She groaned at the touch, "David please be gentle with me."

They were hesitant and clumsy as they discovered the mysteries of each other's bodies,

She stiffened and clenched his shoulders as he entered her. He stopped, concerned.

"Okay," she gasped, "I'm alright now darling."

He began slowly but soon the passion that had enflamed them took over their actions. As their bodies responded to it, all hesitancy and clumsiness vanished.

Susan cried out in their mutual release at the end.

David struggled to draw air into his tortured lungs and sweat covered his body.

He looked up from where he lay on his back. Susan gazed down at him, tears slowly rolling down her cheeks, a look of wonder on her face.

"David that was incredible," she whispered, "I know how it is explained in medical journals, but it never describes the emotion or feelings one has."

David looked at her, concerned, "Susan, I hurt you didn't I?"

She giggled and kissed him on the nose, "Only for a moment, but it was worth it for what followed."

Another concern griped him, "I may have made you pregnant."

She smiled again, "I don't think so. Sula gave me some of the herb tea that the women take to avoid pregnancy. She claims it's very effective."

He frowned, "So you had this all planned, knowing what would happen?"

She looked solemn and nodded, "Don't hate me for it David."

Smiling, he held her in his arms, "I could never hate you, I love you too much for that."

Later they made love again, but with more assuredness this time.

At his departure the next morning, he held Susan close before mounting Kahn for the ride back to the Fort. She promised to accompany the Magnesium to the Fort when it arrived.

There was a hint of something in the air. The edge of spring?

To be continued

RobinLane
RobinLane
337 Followers