All Comments on 'Spatial Disorientation Pt. 01'

by ThenaughtyDomi

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
GOOD START

I LIKED YOUR START PLEASE CONTINUE

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
WTF

This is fiction but it sure is not science. Higher CO2 counts comes AFTER higher temperatures so higher CO2 counts CAN'T cause higher temperatures.

It's that simple and so are you if you still believe in global warming rebranded as climate change by man. Now delete this comment as that's how you climate religion followers roll. I dare you not to.

ThenaughtyDomiThenaughtyDomialmost 7 years agoAuthor
To the CO2 doesn't cause climate change saying anonymous

Funnily enough, I did my own fair share of research to reach my own point on the issue and what I found is that Water Vapor is the strongest greenhouse gas, followed by CO2, Methane and Ozone. It is an important issue, and if the story I am writing helps making people aware of how urgent it might be, I sure hope it isn't as bad as in the universe I describe, that's fine. If not, that's fine aswell.

Oh and by the way, I will not delete your comment. I don't wish to interfere with your freedom of speech unless you attack me as a person in a way that hurts me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Author is right, anon is wrong.

Anon: 97% of scientists agree that human activity is at the very least a contributing factor in climate change. The other 3% are funded by the oil companies.

The science here is pretty clear cut and the author is on the correct side of it.

Author: interesting start, nice detail in the orbital flight mechanics and your setup has a lot of story potential. Keep it going please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Good story, thanks!

As for the science denying halfwit.

Stop watching fox news. That propaganda rots your brains.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
For the Global Warming Denial guy...

You're arguing about global warming on an erotica site. Sit down and think about that for a while.

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
Interesting Beginning

A creative mix of science and fiction. Well done.

I look forward to seeing where you lead us.

fwiw, thanks for staying above the negativity and out of the confrontation. You can't open a closed mind and facts will never convince a true believer.

SmileyPappasSmileyPappasalmost 7 years ago
Kerbal and Al Gore Gone Right

Here's to inconveniencing you with the truth. Great story! I particularly liked the balance of the narrator's thought, observation, and action, esp. in the first half. The blowjob and twist were a nice finish. I'm stoked to read the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
The story is interesting- the "science" is not.

The major green house gas is water vapor: 75% - 95% depending on location, climate, etc. Human produced CO2 is relatively negligible. If one really wanted to do something useful stop China from producing a new coal fired power plant EVERY WEEK, and stop and reverse the deforestation of the tropical rainforests- especially the Amazon. The sun is the main contributor to climate. Write what you know about: sex, not "science". What one reads in most media is politics, not science. Cowboy100

Cara4Cara4almost 7 years ago

As an environmental scientist with her main field of study in climatology, I can tell you:

-CO2 is not the strongest, but quantitatively the main greenhousegas. The strongest ist N2O which is 200 times stronger than CO2 (and is due to too much fetilization in the agriculture also on the rise) followed by CH4 (which is mainly produced by cows and rice fields and is about 50 times more potent than CO2). But both are in a much smaller quantity, so CO2 is still more relevant, seeing that it stays in the atmosphere longer than the other two (150 years compared to 114 with N2O and 9-15 years with CH4).

-Ozon isn't a really that relevant as a greenhousegas right now (it is potent, but the amounts currently in the atmosphere are not rising like they are with CO2, N2O and CH4).

-water vapor is a greenhousegas, but I wouldn't recommend using it in an argument if you are a layman because it is a very complex system and you're gonna make an ass out of youself. Just in short: water can have a warming effect as vapor, but as soon as it condenses is has (usually) a cooling effect in clouds (very, very simply said).

The big difference is, that the water cycle didn't change over the last 150 years and is a relatively stable System, the balance in the greenhousegascicles however did.

-yes, it is getting warmer because we are in a warming phase because of the sun. But this sun phase goes very slowly and the temperature rises for the next 1 000 or 10 000 years on a pace that we as humans would not really detect and to which we could adapt easily. The extreme warming in a warming if you will that we are experiencing right now where the temperature rises within mere 150 years for already 1 degree (! And you have to remember that it doesn't rise globally at the same rate, on the poles it is much warmer) is due to the rise of concentration of greenhousegases.

-also, great point about China. Yes, they and everyone else should stop building those coal plants! Totally in favor of that. On the positive side though they are in fact having a cooling effect. The sulfuric compounds emitted are aerosols which reflect the long wavelenght radiation, and hold the short wavelenght radiation (greenhousegases habe the opposite effect), so, as I said, they have a cooling effect and right now, the rest of the world could be somewhat happy that the Chinese are ruining theyre environment. ..

Ok... I'm at a lowpoint. I came here to have a nice time with myself and now I'm somewhat horny trying to share knowledge with people who are deliberately missinformed by oil companies and may not even want to think about what I wrote because it is easier to stick to ones opinion than to accept that one has been misslead. And this topic is so heavily charged, that it is hard to be open minded.

But, I'm telling you guys, you are not dumb if you aren't believing in climate change, believe me. It is portayed as a "balanced topic" on which only you yourself can make up your own mind. And that is not by chance. Just think about who has an interest in denying climate change and who has the bigger lobby - oil, oil and again oil. So please keep that in mind, because the climate change that we are experiencing is not because of water vapor or the sun, it is because of us humans and our way of life.

Ok and if the Anonymus's aren't convinced, maybe you people who are already convinced found something interesting (and if you have any questions, I'm happy to be of assistance :) ). Man, I hope I haven't wasted an hour of my life right now... XD XD

Btw: good story! :D Nicely written and I especially like the part where ... Where .... Man, after this discussion I somehow forgot all the sexy parts of the story! Damn it! This is the most frustrating time I had on literotica, ever! Why do I even engage in a discussion?! Professional hazard I guess.

sorry for the tiping errors, I'm writing with a german autocorrect and it is constantly changing what I have written. ^^ (also I'm not a native speaker)

Cara4Cara4almost 7 years ago

Oh, and btw, the temperature and CO2 quantity are linked. So, yes, while a higher temperature means that for example the sea can't store as much CO2 as it can with a lower global temperature and therefore more CO2 in the atmosphere, this is not the case right now. Right now there was the higher CO2 count, which let to warming, which is NOW in turn again leading to higher CO2 concentrations in the long term.

Also a really complex System, if you want to know more you are welcome to ask, but I will refrain from writing another unwelcome essay. :D

ThenaughtyDomiThenaughtyDomialmost 7 years agoAuthor
To the climate scientist

And I'm just sitting here as an apprentice on plastics processing and a minor understanding of most sciences and used Wikipedia for help on that science.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous