All Comments on 'Rag Doll Ch. 07 - Ricky's Family 01'

by beachbum1958

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Full disclosure

I skipped straight to the last page to write this, I'm going to go back and read it after I hit enter, but my first reaction when seeing the alert was...

"HOLY SHIT! A NEW RAG DOLL STORY! YAY!!!!!"

I Trust I won't be disappointed. Welcome back Beachbum!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I was right.

Awesome as always! I can't wait for part 2 and beyond. As interested as I am at hearing this whole story, the question I hope gets answered is why did it take him/them 2 years to reach out to Bobby? Loving how cute Yaz's character is playing the chipper, friendly, little sister perfectly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you

Thank you, I have really been looking forward to this. Rag doll is my favorite of all your stories, glad to see you filling in the gaps. Thank you again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story

Loved the story, i really do love this series. I do have to say though that while reading this it just made me feel even worse for Bobby. I have to wonder why it took so long for them to reach out to him. If Ricky told them everything wouldn't he have mentioned how he stole the only money Bobby had managed to save before he left.

beachbum1958beachbum1958over 4 years agoAuthor
@ Anon re: 'great story'

The Bobby situation is considered by Ricky in the second part, due at a computer near you any day now. Ricky really has no way to reach out to Bobby, and anyway, he thinks Bobby's too angry with Nicky, with him, with the world in general to be capable of listening to anything he has to say; he does admit to himself they both need to do a lot of growing-up before they can even try to reconnect, but they do eventually resolve that situation (Rag Doll ch 6 etc)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
An auspicious beginning...

to yet another part of this overall saga! In a way (since this segment technically comes prior to Chapter 05) it's somewhat anticlimactic - because we already know that Rick and Yasmin, and Bobby and Shereen become lovers - but I'm sure that the author's inimitable storytelling will compensate by making the "how it all came about" worth reading.

I did love the little drop-in reference to Nicky as "...the boy who left." Felt rather like the author really wanted to say, "...the boy who lived." And that would have been true, as well, since (thanks to Barbara) Nicky survived to escape to America, where he flourished (truly "lived") but we all know that somebody else has already made quite good use of that little "catch-phrase." <grin>

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
More

Really enjoy all your stories.

1st I thought I posted this last night but I could have screwed up.

Anywatmy, I really enjoyed this new chapter to one of my favorite stories in fact I just completed rereading this a few weeks ago so imagine my surprise when I saw this chapter was posted .

Was wondering if we will see the tie in with Nia, Lost girl and Big girls.

Thanks again

Ed

AssignedNameAssignedNameover 4 years ago
The Story I Didn't Know I Wanted.

I remember reading Rag Doll (a few times) and having a passing thought about what happened to Ricky during that time period. Thank you for writing this, Rag Doll is one of my favorite stories here. Excellent job.

beachbum1958beachbum1958over 4 years agoAuthor
'Rag Doll/Lost Girl/Nia' tie-in

There is another story in the offing, one told from two different perspectives, one is Bobby and Shari researching Bobby's family, trying to track Barbara to find out who she was, where she came from, does she have any family, what her story is etc.

The other perspective is from the viewpoint of Nia and Jamie, aided and abetted by Julie and Mark, and Lena and Darryl, who are now de-facto members of the Morrison-Jameson family group, trying to help James Morrison, Jamie and Nia's father, find out what happened to his two younger sisters, Barbara and Rosa (Rosa pops up briefly in another, as yet unfinished story, 'Sherry Baby' {you'll note, I can't seem to get away from Frankie Valli tunes...} as the mother of Sherry, yet another 1st cousin of Jamie and Nia, and the main character in that story).

I haven't decided on the final title of this story, L thinks 'Rag Doll: Ripples' works, I'm not stupid enough to laugh that down, but somehow I think not, although 'Rag Doll Ch. 08 - Widening The Circle' might. Either way, it's too early to make that decision just yet, but the story is definitely further along than just an outline.

dikupinyadikupinyaover 4 years ago
wow

that filled in a lot of gaps. I can't wait for the rest.

boonie696boonie696about 4 years ago

I’m kind of wondering how Ayesha and the girls knew about Nick and Barbara besides what dickhead boasted about. Did she know Barbara personally?

beachbum1958beachbum1958about 4 years agoAuthor
@Boonie696, re your question

Ayesha told Ricky that Robert/Brian sat where he was sitting and boasted about what he'd done to Nicky, about 'a father's true legacy', how he'd beaten him to within an inch of his life, and how he'd disappeared, good riddance etc, and, when he got really drunk, how he'd killed Barbara that same day (Rag Doll Ch.01) and made it look like she'd committed suicide.

According to Ayesha, this conversation between Robert and Ayesha had happened soon after Nicky's disappearance and Barbara's death, so more than 2 years before Ricky's confrontation with Ayesha, (Ricky was 17 when Robert was arrested, and nearly 20 when he showed up at Ayesha's doorstep). Ayesha had pretty obviously shared this with her daughters at some point, especially Shari, because they already knew what kind of lowlife their father was.

MRdotEdot2RMRdotEdot2Ralmost 4 years ago

This entire series is a great read and to find an entire chapter without sex was invigorating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Another 6 stars

Thanks so much for this story. I am loving it so much.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbeachbum1958@beachbum1958
A small town mid-way between Cannes and St. Tropez, on what used to be called the French Riviera. I have the Mediterranean to look at from the front of our house, a lagoon filled with flamingos at the rear, and our own stretch of beach where we keep our peace and the tourists...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES