All Comments on 'If It Ain't One Thing Ch. 02'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
SpottedDog2018SpottedDog2018about 5 years ago
The spiral staircase to despondency

Ever eat a shit sandwich and later figured out there was perfectly good provolone and sliced ham hidden behind the gallon of sunny delite? My advise is just look around for the good stuff first before committing fully to the shitburger. Misery certainly shows the sharp definition of fissure cracks in relationships. Sounds like Debra saw her golden opportunity and gave an unworkable ultimatum. At least you have enough money to pay for the cancer treatment. Can't wait to see how this develops. Good luck 😵

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thanks for Sharing...

I really like your style of writing and the maturity behind a lot of your stories. In regards to this particular story I find her actions despicable. Personally I would want no part of it, his life has become a sham. The best would be, divorce, relocate for a fresh start & new good memories in the time he has left. Otherwise he's just going to sit & stew over who his "wife" is entertaining with her charms. Is that what he wants to carry to his grave?

TrishieldTrishieldabout 5 years ago
Jesus

So much for soulmates

lazy_readerlazy_readerabout 5 years ago
Damn, man!

The title of your story says it all. So sorry to read that life is beating you up.

fritz51fritz51about 5 years ago
"Debs" exposed.

I can only conclude from the info in the story that Debs had already started cheating with someone in Boston at not later than the first time she didn't call after three days. Her husband is having health issues which with her knowledge she absolutely knows could be life threatening and she doesn't even bother to call and keep tabs on him. Any wife "in love" with her husband would at minimum, be calling daily but most would put the Boston shit on hold and come care for her husband until he's out of danger. I also feel that the invite for Danny to come be with her in Boston was hollow. I believe if he had moved there he would soon find her maneuvering to end their relationship to move forward with her new toy. She may have even planning to make a change prior to her mother's death explaining her placing a women, a young beautiful woman to care for her husband with her encouraging Kate to tempt Danny easing her conscience for planning to replace him.

This evidence all points to my conclusion that she never did really love Danny. I believe he was an exciting trinket for a while, a long while by some standards but temporary none the less.

To Danny: finish it, divorce her and take her for half of this new found fortune she doesn't deserve even if you don't want or need the money. Hell give it away if you must but she has entered the world of a lying, cheating, whore - slut and has cut you adrift without even a discussion. Fuck her.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funabout 5 years ago
Feel no sympathy

What a loser is my attitude: he deserves to lose her.

Same with the squamous cell Carcinoma; too lazy to tan properly & intelligently.

Sheesh!

etchiboyetchiboyabout 5 years ago
Oh shit. You’ve been writing about Deb as if autobiographical.

If it is, then I’m sorry.

I hope Deb, et al are all made up people, and you are totally happy in your life. I truly do. If Deb is real, and the story here is real then... my heart felt sympathy to you. And hope it works out.

And I’m sure I’m wrong with my previous post, and she was NOT already cheating.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 5 years ago
And I hope there’s no cancer.

...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I agree with Fritz

I’d say divorce her, take 50% of her money then spend it, give it away, or help out some college student or vet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Mmmm...

...a wee bit depressing, eh ?

sdc97230sdc97230almost 5 years ago
No fun facing it, but this marriage is dead

The writing was on the wall when Deb chose to remain in Boston to handle her mother's estate instead of hiring an estate agent ASAP to liquidate it so she could hurry home to her still-recovering husband. The final nail in its coffin was when she spotted a potentially CANCEROUS growth on his back but still left him behind to deal with it without her.

Dan should not sign the separation, but should instead send back a petition for divorce. Oregon and Massachusetts are both equitable distribution states, so he should assert his right to half of the inheritance and start the process of moving on. Because, as he can explain to anyone who asks, he needs the money and relief from the stress of his decaying marriage so he can devote all his strength to fighting the new attack of CANCER that his wife has abandoned him to face alone.

chytownchytownover 4 years ago
Take Care ****

And feel better. PEACE Thanks for keeping us in the know!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A sad one...

But I was expecting it. I hope things look better un the future.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES