All Comments on 'If It Ain't One Thing Ch. 01'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Waste of time.

Both reading and writing.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 5 years ago
Voice software

Habe you tried voice to text. It actually works well. You need to speak in a certain cadence for it to, work right. Might help u out to b less frustrated. Looking forward to next part.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 5 years ago
Reads Like a Quasi-Labyrinthine Jimmy Buffet Album Alternating the Pensive with the Fanciful

I enjoyed it for what it was. Every day has unexpected thorns and blossoms with time being marked all the while. Might as well decide to enjoy the ride and try to ignore the ticking of the clock winding to an indefinite conclusion in the background .

Bottom Line : magmaman's fictional alter-ego seems to be “ Living happily ever after every now and then " to quote the Bubba bard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I like it

I really enjoy these kind of rambling, stream-of-consciousness stories. It's fascinating to see how people think. And this is a great one. A couple of parts.had me laughing out loud. Now THAT'S appreciated! Thanks, I look forward to more, and hope it's a happy ending and she doesn't fall prey...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I'm not really sure what I'm reading

Is this a story? Is this a diary. Whatever it is, it was just trivial, boring nonsense.

I had a bowel movement today. Then I read the newspaper. Then I want to watch the television for two hours and must have dozed off. When I woke up, still nobody cared..

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 5 years ago
I think this has great potential

It could go in several different directions.

Let's wait and see where the author takes us.

looking4itlooking4itover 5 years ago

@ Xzy89c1

Did you use it to write your comment? If so, it’s not a ringing endorsement.

JayDiverJayDiverover 5 years ago
Old man too

I like your story too. I didn't look at it as being a diary or even wandering in the mind. But I looked on it rather as an example of the way our minds work as we age. Along with the attitude that you develop for the occurrences of your life. It's not really a don't give a shit attitude. It's more of a realization that the drama of events aren't as important as they were when we were younger.

If typing really bothers you that much, try text-to-speech software as Xzy89c1 suggested. I find it really does work as I'm using it to write this comment.

Thanks for the story.

searchDQSsearchDQSover 5 years ago
another in a long line

I have read your stories for about 14 years and I always love the character development. I'm waiting for the next installment

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I feel like 20 minutes of my life was stolen from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I can’t handle the rambling narration of what amounts to a three page prologue.

She cheated at school. She’s going away for a month.

1 plus 1 equals 2

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
WITH A VOTE OF THANKS FROM SNL

and Rosanna Danna, TK U MLJ LV NV

patilliepatillieover 5 years ago
Nice job as always, love your updates!

I will say that Debs having to stay out east for that amount of time seems odd. Why cant she fly home for extended weekends? Money is no object, so? And when will you be able to fly? No way I would let her out there for a month to her own devices, not good for either one of you. And she has to know that. Maybe you are using literary license, and that part is not true, you are setting up a story, idk. Good luck

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
great start....

I can empathize!

Smokin and jokin

older than dirt but horney all day

four major surgeries in 1 yr period. bad dream. doctors shrugged! fuck em

sense of humor

fuck millenials

And....

two teen girls go to the movies. one turns to the other and says "the guy next to me is masturbating!" The other says, "ignore him." the first says "I can't, he's using my hand!" Heard it 60 years ago. a dog has never been my best friend. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Same old, same old

Debs and massage. Get a new viewpoint on life. You've done good work in the past, find some inspiration for something new.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
what a shitty wife

She introduces this hyper sexual, 'touching isn't really sex though. but oral and actual penetration is"

Oh....she had a one-night-stand. Oh, she may have had more? Man, she's a cunt. And she's manipulated her husband into total submission. SHE decides who to give sexual favors to, and who pleases her husband. He seems to have no say-so. She likes being in change, making the rules, and then breaking them when convenient.

She, and people like her, are the main reason swapping and more open sexual relationships have such a bad stain. Shame on her. What a waste of a wife. Can't even give him kids. Joke. She's a joke. He can do better with a paid whore that he starts to date. That's how low on the totem pole she is. And I don't think anyone is this story realizes it.

prinnaveaprinnaveaover 5 years ago
I Remember a Story

'The Diary of Anne Frank' so if this is like a diary of MGM's life so be it. Just as Fifty Shades of Grey could be seen as a diary.

I liked the story, yes it did ramble somewhat, but it rambled well. (lol) You do give a good glimpse in to the workings of senior adults minds and thoughts. I have found your stories very interesting and entertaining. I will be waiting on the next chapters

'I feel like 20 minutes of my life was stolen from me.' from an ANON, be careful, or your next 31,536,536 minutes (est) could just vanish, quickly. Then what.

notdumnotdumover 5 years ago
Semi-related...

Liked the story. Preface had me thinking...have you considered speech dictation for your writing? I worked in the business for years and it’s finally getting usable .

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Where

Like to see where you take this. Interesting story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Welcome back!

Glad to see you submitting another story. Always like your storytelling and your perspective. Hope you heal up soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
If this was real life...

So in real life, she wouldn’t just pack up and be gone from a thriving medical practice for over a month, especially if she’s the executor of an estate - that’s what lawyers are for; acting at the executors direction, ensuring all decisions are made legally. This would be especially true with such a valuable estate in place, and if property needed to be sold, etc. and I agree with another comment where given her resources, traveling back and forth would almost be expected.

But we are expected to suspend reality for the hook of the story.

More and more these tales are so predictable. We will learn next, that in addition to the one indiscretion there were several, including the in-home redhead care assistant. She will become the bargaining piece when it’s revealed there is a secret old flame back east, and the wife will offer the red head in the name of “helping” this poor sap while carrying on with one, two, twenty back east, and then use that help as justification for the betrayal.

There was a point where the story could have evolved, but instead the usual triggers were employed, and the tempo was slow and predictable.

It may just be time for this poor guy to experience a final accident and have the suffering that’s about to come end before he or any readers have to endure it.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
Thanks Magma, I enjoyed it and four'd it. Deb's being gone a month bugs on me. .Hope all went OK

To anony bagging on his wife

Bro, to the extent of reasonable certainty, that's HIS actual wife youre trashing. Not good for your look

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Will need

To get muuuuch better!

chytownchytownover 5 years ago
I Love Your Style Of Writing*****

You ramble good just the way I think. So thanks for sharing.

Jim44444Jim44444over 5 years ago
MGM is back

I am glad to see your update but DAMN it could have been something fun like you were on a world cruise. Strange but I heard a story a few months ago from a guy complaining how his trike did not handle like his motorcycle and he hit the guardrail.

Keep recovering and keep writing.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
Interesting...

Damn sorry to hear what you are going through.

I just had three TIA's last week and now I'm drinking some grass shit so my arteries unclog.

You are one of my favorite authors even though some of your stories spike my blood pressure and piss me off! Hahaha!

Looking forward to the next one!

kiteareskitearesabout 5 years ago
While I enjoyed this...

I'm guessing it all went south as it's nearly 3 months since this was posted. Assuming that is, that these ramblings are a sort of diary rather than the ramblings of an old man.

The joy of fiction is you can make it up as you go along and what makes me think this is, is that she has to stay there a month. My outlaws died late summer last year and we only managed to list their property last month due to legal shit, but my better 1/2 didn't need to be there all the time. Few days here and there, if it was much further we would have spent a week probably clearing out, but no more than that. The rest is solicitor, estate agent and gardener and the realisation of just how expensive it is to die and how many vultures circle for their pound of flesh.

I really hope there is more to come in this story as I hate reading something I enjoy that then goes unfinished.

magmamanmagmamanabout 5 years agoAuthor
Yep, three months (to the last poster)

Even during upsets, life goes on. Writing for this site means something happened, or at least an idea pops into the old head.

Supposed to be sexy, you see, and life sometimes just isn't.

But in my case, I crashed a three wheel motorcycle, and just as I was getting back on my feet, some kid in a hot rod ran over me and my new truck, managing to redo all of the damage from the 1st incident, plus some extra.

I ain't dead but I sure felt like it.

Then, the wife's Mother passed, they were not close so the wife inheriting the works came as a surprise. So did the assets, think of a 40 unit apartment building in snow covered God forsaken Boston, and 85 plus long years of collections of.. stuff. Seems the old lady was a hoarder, if it was just all junk, no big deal. It turns out to be.. expensive junk, has to be inventoried and sold somehow. Stuff like an entire upper floor of collectable.. dolls??

The wife has a brother, met him just one time, he of course is being an asshole since he didn't inherit. That one time, he wanted money (of course) Debs gave him some and he left. Going to be a court case, there, not here. He accused her of "manipulating" the senile old lady, hell, last time Debs even talked to her Mom was in August. Talked to Debs last night, she is trying to buy him off just so she doesn't have to deal with it.

Who knows what he will pull next?

Then, my own diagnosis, another surprise, and surgery. That thing on my back turned out to be more than a pimple. They tell me it looks to be early, but bears watching, so I sit here waiting for the last biopsy report.

Just one thing after another so yes, three months to get back to writing. Maybe three pages of drivel I keep going back and deleting

Sorry, not much sexy going on during all of that, to be honest, not even much thinking about sex at all, even with Kate running around the house in various stages of undress. I think she sees me as part of the furniture, which at this point is rather close to true.

But, getting back to it, and since I type at the blazing speed of about 20 WPM, well.

things take time. At age 75, I can still do everything I did as a kid, it all just takes longer and isn't as frequent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
As always

I enjoyed your writing. I am anxious and excited about what's coming. Great job as always.

bobareenobobareenoabout 2 months ago

Wow, the writer is 80 years old now. If he is still with us, thanks for your stories, Magmaman!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES