All Comments on 'Foolish April'

by Seanathon

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
ariesgirlariesgirlabout 9 years ago

It too Zander long enough to get rid of Rebecca. I don't know what he was thinking by keeping her there. She was too much of a liability regardless of her talent.

RemmyqqriRemmyqqriabout 9 years ago
Need more stars!

Wonderful story! Got caught in the web of the tale and missed any mistakes! Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
More! More!

Please consider turning this into a longer story. There are so many ways you can take April's character but I would love to follow her new found success!

retmstrretmstrabout 9 years ago
****

I enjoyed it. Very different and interesting story. Good writing, Seanathon. Cheers!

jetpacksamjetpacksamabout 9 years ago
Please Continue

Did Rebecca reform or completely lose it? How did the initial presentation go? Will Ryan fly with April to Spain?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Really enjoyable and well told story. Loved the emotion, and April coming into her own.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Nice Job

Loved the story- novel subject matter and well done plot line. You write well.

One comment -for the take it or leave it file-. Might want to think about "toning down" Rebecca a little bit. The whole tale is mostly credible, but Rebecca was so over-the-top bitchy that my mind refused to follow along.

You write very well-it was a pleasure to read your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Breath taking

I liked, no, I loved this story so much, that I've already read it three times.

Thanks for sharing. :)

AMoveableBeastAMoveableBeastabout 9 years ago
Little victories and small miracles

I haven't read a single story that made better use of the AF contest than this one. It took advantage of the theme in many creative ways, and was an amalgamation of so many excellent facets of storytelling that it is hard to know where to start.

Firstly, it was brave. Unusual. That gets you a lot of points with me. The way you handled her stature was a revelation. It was respectful and realistic and effective. I will read many stories in the next few months, years. A crowd of characters will pass by. I will not remember them all. I will remember April.

Technically, this was also quite sound. Nice sentences, well plotted. Great decision making on your part. Making her an unknown artist in a business of "normal" professional artists. The way you worked in her history was also sublime. The part about the bet with the fuck-it list really worked.

Most of this story really worked. Almost all. And it was beautiful and relevant.

Concerning Rebecca. I also won't forget her. I can't decide how I feel about her. I mean, what a bitch, but, as another commenter noted, maybe too much of a bitch. At points, she was just shy of a Disney villain. Part of me railed against that. She was so despicable, as if she had attended classes on being unlikable. It challenged what was otherwise a very authentic story.

Still, God did I hate her. I haven't hated a character like that in long time. That has to he a victory for you. Maybe she should be toned down. My brain seems to agree. But, fuck, did I hate her. She got the reaction you wanted. I felt like cheering when she got fired. So maybe the jokes on me.

Overall a terrific story and one of my favorites for the contest. I would not be the least bit displeased if this one won.

EosAuroraEosAuroraabout 9 years ago
one of my favorites

This was a great story. Nicely fleshed out characters, intriguing plot. I even felt heartache when the prank was done to April and I really wanted to bitch slap Rebecca. Thank you

GriffyD_BoyGriffyD_Boyover 8 years ago
One of your best stories

I loved April as the heroine. She made for the perfect underdog to root for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The fix is in

It's a shame this outstanding story didn't win the April Fool's contest. A shame, yes, but hardly a surprise; all one has to do is look at the name of the third-place winner to know the contest is rigged. Oh, well, you were the winner on my scorecard.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
GREAT story

Damn, I am reading this one year too late!!! I would have voted for you! This is just the second story that I have read from you and am looking forward to reading all the other stories too!

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 8 years ago
Too bad I can only vote once...

I'd like to give it more than a five star...

To the best of my recollection, in the U.S. at least, discriminating due to height isn't a legal issue... Though the kind of actions Rebecca engaged in with April could have been considered as creating a hostile work environment... And the sexual harassment (and actually sexual assault) she enacted on Ryan was fire worthy by itself...

I liked April and can't (or maybe can, which is worse) believe people were cruel JUST because of her height...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I agree with the others - a heartwarming, touching story

A wonderful story - and as one, "vertically challenged", I really understand how April felt - most people of average height don't think about this, but us shorter people have to look up at others, and sometimes we can see inside their noses, which can be really gross (never mind too big furniture or too high shelves).

Even from page 1, I wondered, "Is Rebecca really her friend?" I thought calling April "little princess" and patting her on the head was patronizing. Rebecca should have been fired long before for sexual harassment of Ryan. Ryan's participation in the "April Fool's" joke was hurtful, but to me, he didn't intend to hurt April's feelings - I consider it more a moment of stupidity on his part.

Only wish the story had continued until Friday - so we know what happened with April's proposal - but I imagine it went well. After all, we know she has artistic talent - and has the "big heart" and right attitude to do a great job for a book for children.

luv2read2

SampkyangSampkyangover 7 years ago
Very Nice

But it lacks the romance. An epilog might have helped. An I love you from Ryan would be necassary to make it a romance...as is it's a very well written "Erotic Coupling" story nothing more...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
yes

your writing is so creative and varied. love your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Slight disappointment

I just wish that the end would be better unles you are going to publish a chapter 2.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
erotica and art are one. this story intertwines them beautifuly.

loved the story. beautiful romance, erotic, sensual, emotional, hot. great story. well done!

as an artist myself, I couldn't write it any better!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think April was only interested in Ryan due to her naive inexperience. Lust. Otherwise, she would seriously question the judgement of a man who would go along with the practical joke of a sexual stalker.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Really sweet story, would love a sequel. 5*

stewartbstewartbabout 2 years ago

The feel of this small character was beyond words. It's a 5 and longs for you to give her more life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The look beyond a most romantic read is unfair to the story an the author. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

APRIL IS A DESPERATE MAN CRAZY LITTLE PRINCESS

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous