All Comments on 'A New Georgy-Girl'

by beachbum1958

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
wixxywixxyover 3 years ago

This is really really great. The dialogue between Will and Georgy is brilliant and the detail (whether from own experience or researched) is superb. I could stand to read much more of this! :)

I did almost check out at how bleak the first couple of pages were. Good lord!

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 3 years ago
Told very lovingly

to the point it seemed a love-affair with his parents, the houses and of course, Georgy.

Loved the banter between Georgy and Will, as well as the flashbacks to how she reacted when he left for the Queen's service. Gripping details about her anxiety and the home invasion from Max's buddies--and you did a fine job making them seem very smarmy.

Although I rated it a 5, I do feel like some of the refinishing the 2nd house was excessive, at least with all the specialists that had to be called to redo certain things; I also feel like the backstory on Will's step-dad (he considered him his dad) should have been economized and even placed slightly differently in the beginning to improve the reading flow. Certainly the parts that should not have been trifled with weren't, like Georgy's anxiety with thunder, punishing Max, nor the attack, nor the details on what Will never paid attention to, in terms of signals Georgy sent him that he missed all those years.

Enjoyed it, regardless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank you..

This is by far the best story I have read here over the years. I was do disappointed when I realized I was going to the last page. Your writing style is excellent and character development was delightful. It held my attention from beginning to end. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Fantastic read, well done!

Frankie1952Frankie1952over 3 years ago

Excellent work of literary art BB. You constantly amaze me with your talent for creating an erotic yet very enjoyable tale of sibling love and romance with a little life threatening drama thrown in. Thank you sir once again for entertaining me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Liked the story very much

My only complaint is that it ended, all that character development and then is stopped, I do hope that you will be writing another chapter to this.

Other than that, a great story

Cracker270Cracker270over 3 years ago

So much to say and all good. I have heard the inheritance laws in Great Briton described as draconian, seems a good description. The love between Georgy and Will is beautiful.

ChloeTzangChloeTzangover 3 years ago
Romantic plus great action

Beautiful romance with both Georgey Girl and the old house. I enjoyed both and I loved the action scenes. All the little details just made the story seem so authentic and real. Lovely. Well done.

beachbum1958beachbum1958over 3 years agoAuthor
There is a 2nd part in prep

It will be in part back-story told from Georgy's perspective, and their life and family going forward with both Will and Georgy telling their side of things. Work commitments mean it's a work in progress rather than a priority right now, but it should show up hopefully before the end of November.

BB1958

11/10/20

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

Bravo good sir. I like to see submission like this. I especially enjoyed the fact that the sex scenes felt natural to the storyline rather then being smut breaks.

RamazaRamazaover 3 years ago

Lovely story as always, i'm a big fan of your work, thank you for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story,

Yes I agree with the comment of other reader who found it wordy and was not a remodeller. I am, love historical houses, have re modelled/ rebuilt two, made alterations to others and built my own house from bare land after clearing the scrub.

So yes, this one right up my street.

Good romance and sex. Far fetched on the one man ary side, but enjoyed it very much

Thank you3TthRM

WilliedaFoeWilliedaFoeover 3 years ago

Its said a good writer is one that draws you in, using words to "paint" a picture and evoke emotions. I laughed, raged, cried, through out this story.

Thank you for sharing with us.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

As usual from a writer of your calibre a fine rollicking fun story.

I love your work! You were the first author I read when I first found this page and you are in my favourites.

Scores 5/5

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Don't know how I missed this series, but glad your recent post brought me to it. Some of the detailed restoration narrative could have been shortened, but it did help draw us into the characters and their relationship. Great Part 1, can't wait to see their next steps..5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Fantastic. As an Ex-HM Forces guy, I can appreciate the risks & rewards or combat, be it abroad or at home, plus the erotic brother / sister relationship makes it far above the normal "erotica" story..... Congratulations

kaotic2kaotic25 months ago

Goddammit this was so fucking good.

ToughSailorToughSailorabout 2 months ago

From an American.

Truly a heart breaker - A beautiful writing style. The British vernacular just proves the old adage "2 peoples separated by a common language" - Your attention to situational descriptive detail was superlative and simply made the story - Kudos far beyond my feeble ability to describe here . . . . 10/5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbeachbum1958@beachbum1958
A small town mid-way between Cannes and St. Tropez, on what used to be called the French Riviera. I have the Mediterranean to look at from the front of our house, a lagoon filled with flamingos at the rear, and our own stretch of beach where we keep our peace and the tourists...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories