Love Lost, Love Found

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I know. I understand. It's alright. No need to apologize. I love you, Hon. Why don't we get you up, get something to eat and drink, in the shower and some clean clothes. I brought your meds and things with me. Then tomorrow or the next day, I guess, we can drive home and see the boys."

She lunged upward and hugged him. "Thank you, Alan, for caring for me. For sticking with me. For loving me. I hate that I'm doing this to you."

"It's not a problem. You'd do it for me."

Before lunch ended, she was gone again. Staring, not responding to questions.

"Alan, I'm not sure where you live around Chicago, but it's probably about fourteen hours or so to drive there. Still amazed that Tiff made it. If she can handle it, we could do it in one hitch. We could leave as it is getting dark and be there just after dawn probably. That way she would maybe sleep most of the way. And less traffic. Unless you think she'd get spooked about not knowing where she's at and stuff.

"I'll do it any way you think is best. I assume we have to drive right? No plane rides. Too crowded. But I guess if we went during the day she could watch things go by. Hell, I don't know. But I could drive and you could sit in the back of her car and help her. I'll do whatever. Thoughts?"

"Bart, I couldn't ask..."

"You're not asking. I'm volunteering. I need some time off work anyway."

"And Alan, you don't know me from Adam. But she's my sister and I want to help. We've been separated far too long and I want to catch up. Get close again, even if it's just sometimes, before the end. I want to be there for her, so, I'd like to go with you and then stay and help. I can help care for the boys, cook, clean, run errands, watch her when you have to work or do things...whatever is needed. I promise I won't get in the way."

"I don't really have the funds..."

"No! No money! I just want to help. Help my sister, help my brother-in-law, meet my nephews. My job is flexible, I can do it all from anywhere so...Anyway, I can make it work. She's going to get worse before she goes quiet, right? You won't be able to do it all yourself when she starts wandering around lost. It was pure luck that she made it here without getting lost or getting hurt. Please. I want to do this. No, dammit, I need to do this."

"Okay! Okay! To both of you. When is it best for you two to go?"

"Well, I have to drive home and get a bunch of things if I'm going to stay. It's like an hour each way. And you'd better talk to Ava."

"Yes, I need to talk to Ava and catch her up on what's happening. But we could leave tonight, if you want? Or tomorrow? It's totally up to you, Alan."

"Let's do it tonight, if that's alright. She's already completely worn out, I mean the drive, the hospital... and I can give her a little medicine to help. That way, first thing tomorrow she'll be back home, in familiar surroundings, and can see her boys. It may help her. Would that be alright?"

"Absolutely. Let me take her car, damn, I still don't know how she got here with no purse or anything, and fill it up and check the tires and stuff, talk to Ava and crew and be back."

"And I'll head for home now and get packed and be right back, well, in about three hours."

He pulled out his phone:

>Ava. I need to talk to you before I leave for Chicago.

>Picking up the girls at school. Be back at my house shortly. Will call then, okay? Chicago?

>Long story. Call me when you get home.

A few minutes later she called.. "I love you, Ava. I've been so stupid about holding you at arms length and..."

"I agree and will remind you about all the wasted time frequently. So what's the story?" He filled her in on all that was going on.

"Holy crap. You're going too help, right? Do they need to stay with us? What do they need us to do to help?"

"Alan thinks she would do best at home. Er, her Chicago home. So, I'm going to drive them there this evening, help them get situated, then fly home whenever I can get a flight. Probably tomorrow some time. Monica's coming with us and is going to stay there and help. And just between you and me, I wouldn't be surprised if she stayed around even after Tiffany finally finds peace. Just a hunch, but..."

"What? I never in a million years would have thought that would happen."

"People can always surprise you. Answer the call when help is needed? But I think she needs to be needed as well. And Alan and the kids are going to need her. It's going to get pretty rough, I think."

"I'm just telling you, Bucko, you'd better rest up on that flight. We have big, big plans to discuss with you when you return."

"What kind of plans?"

"I'm not at liberty to discuss those, but I am going to pick you up at the airport with no underwear on and make you think about that all the way home. Then I am going to have my way with you until I'm worn out and your dick has blisters."

"I like this plan so far."

Tuesday afternoon, all four piled out of the van. Bart came out of the house, knelt and hugged all three girls. "Have I told you how much I missed and love you three?"

"Quit being so sappy, Pops. You were only gone like three days or something. We had girls' nights. It was great!" He frowned. "Oh, quit with the pouting, Dad! We missed you."

"Yeah, we missed your cooking!" All four girls laughed at that.

"I should make you all Evil Daughters again for that one."

"Sure, whatever."

"You three run inside." He stood, turned to Ava.

"Sorry I couldn't pick you up, Bart but your flight arrival was right at pickup time."

"It's fine, but thinking of the Uber driver without underwear was not quite the same. He wasn't my type. I missed you, Ava." He hugged her and they kissed with a kiss that went on and on. Ava cracked an eyelid and realized the kids were all watching and giggling.

"Get in the house you horrible children. I need to welcome your father home. Well, Barton, you messed up big time."

"I know, I should have called more. I..."

"No, it's not that. I understand that it's been pretty busy and I'm proud of you for helping her so much. No, your problem is that you gave me and the girls too much time to think and plan. Way too much time."

He smiled, "Uh, oh."

"First, though, some business. The girls were pretty freaked out by having their mother suddenly show up and then not recognize them or anything. Soooo, we had several lengthy discussions about life, mental illness, Alzheimer's, dementia--all those kinds of things. Plus a large dose of what it is to be human--making mistakes, regret, forgiveness.

"And finally, the need to face up to your mistakes, your fears and make things right, if you can, rather than just run away. I think they have sort of put things into perspective and have chosen to remember their mom from the pictures and not from the woman that showed up at the door. Pretty grownup really. Questions?"

"No! I think it's amazing that you helped them do that. I was...well, I was expecting the worst and was dreading that conversation. So thank you. Thank you more than I can ever express."

"Glad to help. You know how I feel about them and it was good info for Rose as well. 'And that concludes the business portion of our meeting folks.'

"So on to bigger and better things. First, we all want one of those dark green shirts with our name on it like you wear at the nursery."

"Smiling, "Okay. Not bad so far."

"Second, I still need to give you that special welcome home after the girls go to bed."

"Still not bad."

"Then this weekend, you will help me move out of Mom's place and into yours." Holding up her hand, "No, I already talked to the girls about it and we have it all planned out. And then sometime soon, you are going to marry me so I can adopt Holly and Mackenzie and you can adopt Rose...

"But wait, there's more and then we are going to plan a vacation in the mountains so they can learn to snowboard, skate, tube and all that. And we will take a romantic sleigh ride, as a family.

"And, in addition, we are going to plan a week at the beach this summer. All of us. And this time the two of us will sleep in the same bedroom. Not like last time where I shared the bed with Rose.

"And we are going to live life to its fullest and make the most out of every friggin' moment because," she teared up, "because it could just as easily have been me or you instead of Tiffany! Every day is a blessing and no regrets. And you are not allowed to let anything happen to you, ever!

"In return we will make sure that you are happy, have a smile on your face every day and live in a house so full of love for you will, well, burst or something."

"Burst?"

Ignoring him, "Have we reached an understanding, Barton. God, I love that name. So the girls also added something about having another baby. Barton Wagner, the third."

"What about junior and stuff?"

"The third just seems to fit that name so much better. We could use it even if the baby's a girl. I like it! Now kiss me again. No! Wait! You didn't agree yet."

"I agree to your terms, Ma'am. But I never really had an option right? Four against one?"

"Right. And it's just the start, so buckle up. The best years of your life are about to begin."

"I can't wait!"

1...456789