Galactic Slave Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Did it just start?"

"Yes Master."

I as unsure whether to be happy or sad as the pain in my head got worse, much worse. I could barely see straight and I had to exert extreme effort to avoid groaning in pain. I turned back to the delegates. "No, this is not a joke. Please don't confuse the crystals with ordinary rock. They are alive. This hologram shows the budding process of their reproduction at high speed. The actual process takes several weeks, earth time. It is sometimes possible to free a creature from the crystal. It is a function of species and time. Your two species are new enough that no data exists as to whether one of you can be freed. Like most societies, the Federation has its criminal elements. The Wren'kt should feel blessed that they are unfamiliar with such problems." A salve to their egos seemed appropriate at this point, as we were about to point the finger at one of their own. "As for identifying a controlled creature, that can be done. Recall that I indicated that the crystal takes over the autonomic nervous system, running it better than before. This has a side effect. The creature is subject to what appear to be nervous ticks, or involuntary muscle responses as autonomic control bleeds over to the voluntary system. Observe these two comparisons. The first is two humans. The top one is unaffected by a crystal and the lower one is affected. Notice these differences in the movements associated with walking and speaking."

I highlighted the hiccups in the gait and mouth gestures. They were studying intensely, as I hoped they would. "These specific spasms are universal. Scientists believe that some involuntary impulses in the crystals themselves is manifesting itself in a predictable manner. Now, look at these two Spidex. One is affected by a crystal and one is not. Can you spot the spasms that identify the enslaved insectoid?"

This was the coup de grace of my presentation. Convincing them that they could diagnose the problem. It was possible, but I purposely selected a Spidex suffering from late Voratex syndrome, the last stages of the shortened life of a crystal slave. I allowed them to come up and observe closely, watching Third of Financial Eight as they did. She was showing the enhanced spasms that accompanied active control. The villain was desperate. Good, she would be easy to spot, once someone actually tried. The assembled delegates had unanimously chosen the correct Spidex.

I continued as they sat down, "As you see, it is possible to identify such a victim once you know what to look for. To answer your last question, yes, a member of one of your species has been infected and has been manipulating your markets, embezzling funds from both your planets, probably with no memory of such. Let us examine the last of the evidence and discover just who needs our help" I was being very careful to not accuse the traitor of treachery, but of victimhood.

At that point, the arousal I had been fighting hit again. I staggered slightly, recovered and went on. I knew I cold not operate as a sentient being with any more pain, so I just had to live with growing arousal. I could see the Halsted noticing my state, but not reacting. Thank the Gods that they had all been sexually satiated last night. The Wren'kt, of course, were oblivious, none of them being sexual beings at all.

"The one piece of evidence we have not yet examined, is the encoding stamps on the time changes. It has been carefully hidden, but I was able to uncover it with, ahhhh..." the arousal was growing fast, drawing moans of pleasure from me, "the help of a deciphering program." Desperate to finish before I entered uncontrolled orgasms, I sped past several intermediate steps. "As you can see, the identity codes correspond to a specific individual in each case. I have the, ohhhhh..., specifics in each case, gaahhh..., available for your inspection. Once cross-referenced with your planetary data banks, we identified the embezzler as...ahhhh... ohhhhh..., Third of Financial Eight of the Wren'kt. I think, if you examine her closely, you will see, oh my God, gaaaahhh..., that she evidences the spasms associated with Voratex crystal, uuhhh... ohhhh... ahhhh..., implantation."

I was barely able to make it to my chair as all hell broke loose in the conference room. Master stood and started fielding questions. Security moved to take custody of the insect. Her sisters were threatening violence if anyone harmed her while the Halsted were demanding that she be secured. Past that, I recall nothing, entering a state of orgasm that seemed to go on forever. I was actually enjoying myself, free from the damnable pain at last. In the back of my mind, I knew that I would eventually die from the orgasmic overload, but what a way to die. I reveled in the waves of pleasure shooting through me, draining me of strength in that wonderful way that sex does. I think I passed out at some point. My next memory was waking up abruptly, the collar turning me back on.

I was blessedly free of intense sensations of any kind, painful or pleasurable. I was lying on a bed, the one in our quarters, it turned out. Master was bent down next to me. "How are you feeling?" he asked.

Taking stock for a minute, I answered, "Other than an incredible hunger, very well. I assume from the fact that I am still alive, that you found the transmitter that was provoking the unending arousal?"

"Yes. It was a part of Third's equipment. Once she was taken into protective custody by her sisters, the equipment was inspected for any signs of bugging devices. One was found, or so they thought, and destroyed. You came out of orgasmic bliss almost immediately, though by then, you had passed out."

"Was Third able to be freed from the crystal?" my voice betraying a concern that surprised me. After all, I can't stand bugs.

"Yes and no. She was freed successfully, but the implantation had destroyed the part of her that links to the hive mind. She died from communal loneliness shortly afterwards."

"Damn it! I had hoped that their hive mind would provide the support she needed to recover. Blast those bastards!"

"My sentiments exactly. There are two good things to come out of this. The Wren'kt and the Halsted have signed a treaty that is a mutual defense pact and a cultural exchange rolled into one. They are determined to form close ties in the face of an enemy that treats their species as fodder for the grist. The second is that both worlds have applied for Federation protectorate status as a single entity. My mission has been more than a success. Would that the cost had not been so high."

"Master. You said earlier that the 'backwards' species all had something to bring to the Federation of value. I'm beginning to grasp that, in your case, you see their uniqueness as being intrinsically of value itself. But what do the Halsted and the Wren'kt bring that other, more bigoted members of the federation, such as myself, would find of value?"

"I'm not sure I would agree with you classifying yourself as bigoted, but that's a discussion for another day. You'll find it humorous that the Halsted bring their sexual biology to the Federation. There are many in the Federation that crave sexual exploration and titillation. The Halsted male drive to seek sex with other species for recreational sex is a strong draw all by itself. While it was not important to us this trip, their females also find dalliances with other races valuable, that being the only way to have sex without reproduction. I think they will find the idea of a chemical contraceptive fascinating.

"The Wren'kt are web spinners. They have developed a caste of worker that spin silken strands with the strength of steel, once set. Malleable steel at room temperatures will set whole industries on their heads and encourage new ones almost over night. The caste has a low birth rate, so the product will be in short supply and high demand for some time. Eventually, science will learn how to reproduce it artificially, but the initial period, a century or so, of high profits will benefit both species in their new alliance well. I don't think anyone plans long term better than the Wren'kt."

"Are we to be here much longer, Master?"

"We won't have a freighter out for about ten days."

"Would it be possible to visit Ixtlicit and Third's group of eight? I would like to offer my condolences to them, if I may."

"I thought you didn't like insects."

"I don't. But they don't deserve to be treated with disrespect because of my psychological phobias. I was the one that brought Third's status to light. Left in ignorance, she may have lived a mostly full and productive life for many more years. I know it had to be done, but I still feel guilty."

"I'll see what I can arrange. It won't be a pleasant trip. They have very little use for creature comforts. Now, you need to get cleaned up, Slave. You haven't noticed, since I turned off your sense of smell, but you reek of sex and sweat, even more than normal. Plus, that hunger you feel is the result of sleeping for three days while your body recovered. You'll need to eat."

I left Master for the washroom and a wasteful use of precious water, pondering what a visit to a hive would be like. But that's another day.

12